How should your first encounter with coding be?
The introduction of technology into our lives has changed many things. So much so that, it is possible to observe that we have acquired many new habits and erased many old habits by looking at this subject. It would be correct to give examples of this situation based on introduction to coding, coding training and basic computer programs. So, how should the introduction to coding and the first encounter with coding be for both adults and children? Why is learning coding important?
Atölye Vizyon supports children, teenagers and adults in coding, robotics, maker and 3D design, enabling them to receive training at both beginner and advanced levels.
What is Coding?
The most general definition of coding is “what makes programming, computer software and site creation possible”. In addition, the internet browser used, applications on the phone, operating systems, and social media systems such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram are done through coding. When looked at from this aspect, one will realize how important learning coding is for people. So what are the reasons why children learn coding?
3 Reasons Why Kids Should Learn Coding
- Coding Has a Positive Effect on Academic Performance
The first reason is the impact of coding on academic performance. When viewed within this framework, it is possible to explain the effect of coding on academic performance under the following subheadings.
- The most important impact of coding appears in connection with mathematics. The main reason for this is; Coding, an abstract concept, enables children to become acquainted with abstract concepts and visualize these concepts. This means that children who adapt mathematics to the physical world will be more successful.
- Receiving coding training for children supports creativity. Children who constantly try things and do this randomly begin to use their creativity to find solutions over time. As a result, a more creative, more devoted child personality emerges.
- Children’s ability to solve problems and use their creativity through coding training positively supports their self-confidence.
- Coding Supports Social Skills
- Children who are constantly faced with complex codes eliminate their concentration problems.
- Children who gain skills such as detecting and correcting errors through coding training begin to struggle with the difficulties in their lives with the same dedication.
- The Most Painless Way of the Future; Coding
- Coding is necessary to strengthen children’s life skills and strengthen their steps towards the future. Because coding, defined as the literacy of the digital age, is the most basic way for children to understand the technology developing around them.
- A child who is introduced to technology at a young age will be the one who chooses, not the one who is chosen, in the future.
So how should your first encounter with coding, which is so advantageous, be like?
First Meeting with Coding
There are multiple websites developed for children to learn coding according to their level. It is possible to access these free coding learning sites from the rest of the text.
It is an application that allows children to learn software through games such as Angry Birds. Mark Zuckenberg, the founder of Facebook, is also included in this application.
Another name in the list of software learning applications, Scratch is an application that targets children especially between the ages of 8 and 16. Through this application, it is possible for children to create anything they imagine.
- Blocky Games
It is possible for children who have no prior computer programming experience to use this application as their first introduction to coding. There are a number of games in the application. It is exactly these games that enable children to learn while having fun.
- Algo Digital
This application, which enables children to gain intellectual skills with entertaining stories and characters, also makes it possible for children to gain digital skills.
While you can carry out coding work on websites, you can also do it on a project basis with physical materials such as control cards, robots, and augmented reality applications. At this point, Pinoo Coding, Robotics and Maker kits come into play, with which anyone aged 7 and above can easily code. The knowledge base, which individuals of all ages can benefit from, is always with you online and offline, with hundreds of training videos and project support. Anyone can be an inventor with Pinoo Sets, where you can make connections with a single cable without the need for complicated circuit connections!
You can visit our website for detailed information.