Shelled peanuts, one of the most popular nut dishes, know how to share pleasant moments. So, if you have gluten sensitivity or celiac disease, can you include shelled peanuts in your fun times? Come on, let’s look for the answer together!
Shelled peanuts stand out among dried nuts with their delicious taste, energy richness and high nutritional value. Shelled peanuts are among the snack choices of people who care about a balanced diet. However, shelled peanuts cannot be digested by some bodies and may cause allergic reactions. So, do shelled peanuts pose a risk for celiac patients and people with gluten sensitivity? If you are wondering whether shelled peanuts contain gluten, read on!
Do Peanuts Contain Gluten?
An article published on the Healthline website in the articlePeanuts are on the list of gluten-free foods. So in short, Peanuts do not contain gluten. If your body reacts to gluten and you stay away from foods containing gluten in your diet, gluten free foods You can consume peanuts in the group.
You can consume peanuts in your gluten-free diet, or you can also include foods produced from raw peanuts in your diet. However, of course, raw peanuts or other foods containing raw peanuts that you buy packaged You must make sure that it does not contain gluten. For this reason, you should make sure that the products you choose have a “gluten-free” label on them.
Are There Gluten in Roasted Peanuts?
Raw peanuts do not contain gluten, but when peanuts are roasted, the color changes slightly. Peanuts are roasted with wheat flour and salt. Because Roasted peanuts contain gluten. Even a small amount of flour used when roasting peanuts can cause complaints such as abdominal pain, bloating and indigestion in people who should not consume gluten. For this reason, people who need to follow a gluten-free diet should not consume roasted peanuts.
|Consuming even small amounts of gluten is considered a potential danger for people on a gluten-free diet. Even the use of particle-contaminated kitchen tools and equipment and inadequate cleaning may pose a risk of cross-contamination. In short, ignoring the tiny amount of flour found in roasted peanuts means you will experience various symptoms due to gluten consumption.
Is There Gluten in Peanut Butter?
Published on the Gluten Free Society website content according to, Peanut butters do not contain gluten. Especially recently, peanut butter has found a place in many recipes. People with celiac disease want to make sure whether peanut butter contains gluten before adding it to their recipes. However, there may be some exceptional cases. Therefore, before purchasing peanut butter, you should make sure that the product is labeled “gluten-free” and is suitable for you.
What Vitamins and Minerals Are Found in Peanuts?
Academic Food Journalpublished in A Functional Food: Peanuts and Their Health Benefits judicial from the article According to the information received, peanuts have a very strong content in terms of vitamins and minerals. In this way, peanuts are seen as an extremely effective option in meeting some of the vitamins and minerals that the human body needs daily.
What are the Nutritional Values of Peanuts?
Again Academic Food JournalAccording to the article published by , peanuts have rich nutritional value. However, according to the same source, peanuts are seen as an effective source of energy and protein. However, the article also underlines that peanuts are a high-calorie and fatty food. For this reason, it is recommended to consume peanuts in a balanced manner without overdoing it. Otherwise, peanuts may cause unwanted weight gain.
What are the benefits of peanuts?
A Functional Food: Peanuts and Their Health Benefits According to the information obtained from the article titled, the benefits of peanuts are listed as follows:
- It is stated that the vitamins and minerals found in peanuts may contribute to maintaining the normal functions of the brain.
- The oils in peanuts contain an acid group called polyphenolic. It is shared that these acids, which combat nitro aminos that are harmful to the body, can help maintain the ideal functions of the digestive system.
- Peanuts contain a substance called tryptophan. It is stated that tryptophan, which increases the level of the happiness hormone known as serotonin, is a powerful option against problems such as fatigue.
- Peanuts have a very low glycemic index. In this way, it is said that peanuts can help maintain the ideal balance of blood sugar.
|To find out which other foods contain gluten?Is There Gluten?Don’t forget to visit our ” category!
*The explanations on this page are approved by the doctor and do not constitute health advice or warning. It is for informational purposes only. You should definitely consult your dietician about the foods you want to add to your daily diet.
- Nutrition in Celiac Disease, Başkent University Faculty of Health Sciences Department of Nutrition and Dietetics2017, (online)
- Beda Büşra Özalp, Nilgün Seremet Kürklü, A Functional Food: Peanuts and Their Health Benefits, Academic Food, 2020, (online)
- Oya Yönal, Sadakat ÖZDİL, Celiac Disease, Current Journal of Gastroentrelogy2014, (online)
- 8 Foods to Avoid with a Gluten Intolerance (and 7 to Eat), Healthline, 2023, (online)